Here is what we usually suggest to restore full functionality of Divine Office apps when they start behaving incorrectly.
- Go to the settings screen from within the Divine Office app and do a Factory Reset.
- Restart your device (shut it down by keeping the stand-by button pressed for a few seconds, swipe to switch off and then turn the device back on pressing the stand-by button again).
If this doesn't solve all your issues, then please try this:
- Remove the app from your device.
- Download the app again. The download of an app you already own from Google Play and Amazon App Store for Android is FREE as long as you use the same account you used to purchase it: you won't be charged again! On a Nook you will remove the app from your device, but it will remain available to download again from the Cloud.
To uninstall applications from Android Phones and Tablets:
- Open Settings for your device (use the Settings app or swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the Setting icon, which looks like a gear).
- Select Application Manager.
- You will be presented with a list of applications you have installed.
- Select the application you want to uninstall, and click the Uninstall button.
To reinstall your application on Android Phones and Tables:
- Open Google Play Store (icon is called Play Store).
- Tap Play Store icon near top of the Play Store app to see a slide out menu.
- Tap "My apps". From here you can tap "INSTALLED" to see apps installed on your device or "ALL" to see all the apps you have purchased.
- Tap "ALL" to see the list of apps you have purchased.
- Locate the Divine Office app and top on it.
- Click the INSTALL button and follow prompts to install Divine Office.
To uninstall apps from the Kindle Fire:
- Select Apps from the Home screen.
- Tap Device.
- Tap and hold the app you wish to remove until a menu appears above the icon, then select Remove from Device.
- Select OK to confirm app removal, and the app is gone.